I thought I would make a granny square hat as it is so easy and here it is!
Remember the numbers on the video correspond to the numbers on the written pattern.
HOW TO CROCHET A GRANNY SQUARE HAT
I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in the navy, turquoise, yellow, red and orange
I used a size 5.00mm hook
Sc = single crochet, Dc = double crochet, Sp = space, Tr = treble, St = stitch,
Ch = chain, * * =repeat work in between the stars, Tog = together, yo – yarn over, ss = slip stitch, hdc = half a double crochet
1. Ch4, (the first 3ch stand as your first double crochet), 11dc in the first ch that you made = 12dc. Sc into the top of the ch3. Change color an finish the sc with your new color
2. Ch3,1 dc in the same place, *2dc in each st all the way around* = 24dc, Sc into 1st st and change your yarn color
3. Ch3, 1dc in the same place, 1dc in the next st,* 2dc in the next st, 1dc in the next st* repeat to the end of the round = 36dc, Sc into the 1st st and change your color
4. Ch1, 1sc in each st around = 36sc, sc into 1st stitch and change color
5. Ch6 (4 of those ch will stand for your treble), 1Tr into the same st, 1dc in each of the next 2 st, 1hdc in the next st, 1sc in each of the next 2sc, 1hdc in the next st, 1dc in each of the next 2st, 1Tr in the next st, ch2, 1Tr in the same st,
* 1dc in the next 2 st, 1hdc in the next st, 1sc in each of the next 2sc, 1hdc in the next st, 1dc in each of the next 2st, 1Tr 2ch 1Tr (cnr) in the next stitch* repeat this to end of square but finishing with 1dc in the last 2 stitches and ss into the 4th ch
6. Ch3, 2dc, ch2, 2dc in the same space (cnr), starting in the very first dc, make 1dc in each of the next 10dc till you get to the next cnr, *2dc in the next space ch2 2dc in the same space, 10dc in each of the next 10dc* rep to end but ending with the 9dc in each of the next 9dc, as the ch3 that you started with becomes the 10th dc, ss into the top of that ch3
7. This round = for the 4 motifs going around your hat, this round will be done in hdc but for the 5th motif right at the top you will do dc. I will say dc/hdc and use whichever one is needed
Ch3, 1dc/hdc in the next st, 3dc/hdc in the corner, 14 dc/hdc in the next 14st,
*14dc/hdc in the next 14 stitches, 3dc/hdc in the corner* repeat to end, ending with 12dc/hdc as 13 and 14 where made in the beginning, and sc into top of the ch3 you made
8. Sew your 4 squares together sewing the last one to the 3rd and 1st square, sew the 5th square at the top attaching it to the 4 squares
9. Start in the middle of any square, Ch3, 1dc in each of the stitches all around
10. Do another round or as many or less as you need. I did another round of 1sc in each of the dc and then I did one round of reverse single crochet.