Friday, February 28, 2014
How To Crochet Baby Booties
Crochet Baby Booties
Sc = single crochet, Dc = double crochet, Sp = space, Tr = treble, St = stitch,
Ch = chain, * * =repeat work in between the stars, Tog = together, yo – yarn over, ss = slip stitch, hdc = half a double crochet
Dc 3 tog = yo, hook into specified st, pull up a loop, yo and draw hook through 2 loops (2 loops left), yo, hook into specified st, pull up a loop, yo and draw hook through 2 loops, yo hook into specified st, pull up a loop, yo and draw hook through 2 loops and through all st
I am using Baby Bernat Softee yarn which is a size 3 light acrylic yarn and a size 3.75mm hook or F
I am not sure of what age this fits but the sole of the bootie measures about about 3 inches. And the whole bootie is about 4 inches lengthwise.
Remember that the numbers on the video correspond to the numbers on this written pattern!
On the video at about 2.30 minutes, I left out that you need to make 1hdc in the last stitch (after the 6sc) It is by the number 2.
2. 2hdc in the 3rd ch from the hook,
1sc in each of the next 6 stitches, you should have 1ch left and you do 5dc in that last ch
Keep going (you should be on the opp side of the work you did) and 1sc in each of the next
6 stitches, 1hdc in the last stitch (before the 2ch that you skipped in the beg when you went
Into the 3rd ch from hook) I LEFT IT OUT ON THE VIDEO slip stitch into the 2nd ch (21 stitches)
3. Ch2, 1hdc in the same place, 2hdc in each of the next 2 st, 1hdc in each of the next 6 st, 2hdc
In the next st and 1hdc in the next, 2hdc in the next st and 1hdc in the next st, 2hdc in the
Next st, , 1hdc in the next 6 st, 2hdc in the last st, ss into the beg ch2 (28 st)
4. Ch2, 1hdc in the same st, 2hdc in each of the next 3 st, 1sc in the next 8st, 1hdc in the next st, 2dc in each of the next 5st, 1hdc in the next st, 1sc in each of the next 9st, ss into beg ch
5. Ch1, 1sc in each of the next 19stm 1hdc in the next st, 2hdc in each of the next 4st, 1hdc in
Next st, 1sc in each of the next 12 st, ss into beg sc (41st and we stay at 41st)
6. We work in the back loop only of all the rest of the rows
Ch2, 1hdc in each st around (going into the back loop), join in the beg ch 2, TURN YOUR
7. Ch2,1hdc in each st, join in 2nd ch of beg ch2, Turn
8. Ch2, 1hdc in each st, join in 2nd ch of beg ch 2, Turn
9. Ch2, 1hdc in each of the next 9st,( dc 3 tog) x5, 1hdc in the remaining stitches around, join in
2nd ch of beg ch2, (31 stitched) Turn
10. Ch1, sc in each of the next 16st, (dc3 tog)x2, 1sc in each remaining st around (27st) Turn
11. Working in both loops again, Ch1, 1sc in each stitch around, ss to beg st
12. Ch1, reverse sc in each stitch around, ss to 1st st. Fasten off
13. Ch 50 to make a bow to tie around.