Remember that the numbers on the video correspond to the numbers on the written pattern.
Stitches used dc = double crochet * * rep what is in between the stars sc = single crochet st = stitch ss = slip stitch sp = space ch = chain cnr = corner Beg ch3 = 1dc ch sp = chain space dc tog = double crochet together dtr = double treble = wrap yarn around your hook 3 times tr = treble = wrap yarn around your hook 2 times hdc = half a double crochet
I am using Simply Soft Caron Yarn with a size 5:00mm crochet hook. For my size jacket I used 1 Skein in black, 1 in yellow, 1 in pink and 1 in blue and about 3-4 in white.
We are making 49 motifs plus an extra 2 (one each for the shoulder) and another 4 to fill in at the bottom of jacket. So we have a total of 55 motifs. I am only making 1 size here which would be a medium to a large. If you want a larger size you can use a bigger crochet hook with thicker yarn or for a smaller size use thinner.
making our flower Only the 1st flower gets done totally, all the rest are joined as you go.
1. Ch6, ss into the 1st ch to form a ring
2. Ch3 (stands as 1st dc). 19 dc in the ring = 20dc all together, ss into the top of the 3ch and change your yarn color.
3. *Ch 11, skip the 1st ch and do 1sc in the next ch (which is the 2nd ch from the hook) 1hdc in the next ch, 1dc, 1dc , 1Tr, 1Tr, 1dc, 1hdc, 1sc, 1sc (1 in each of the 11ch) ss into your next stitch (on the black portion) and go into the back loop, and 1ss into the next, back loop * repeat this all the way around. Your slip stitches are done in the back loop. To finish the round, ss into the beg stitch and change colors. You should have 10 petals all together
4. Restart on any petal and count 4 stitches up from bottom of petal and ss into the 4th stitch, 1sc in each of the next 6 stitches, 3sc in the top st (all 3 in the same st), 1sc in each of the next 7 stitches, 1sc into the 4th st from the bottom of the opp petal *1sc in each of the next 6 st, 3sc in the top st, 1sc down in each of the next 7 st, cross over to next petal and 1sc in the 4th st from the bottom of new petal* Repeat this for all 10 petals and end off with a ss into the 1st petals ss
JOINING YOUR MOTIFS
Looking at your chart, you can see the layout of the joining.
Start by joining a row straight down so you only join 2 petals on each motif first.
You work the white the same way as your first motif but you have to remember to join.
5. You will join two petals from the one flower onto the two petals from the other flower. In between them you have to have 3 petals. So you join 2, skip 3 and then join the other 2 leaving you with 3 petals. So in between your 2 petals you have 3 petals. To join you will go up 7sc to the top and then you have to make 1sc in the top of the opp petal, then come back to 1st flower and do 2sc in the top, then do 1sc in the opp petal (coming from under the stitch)